Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day Two

Today the treadmill walk was not so hellish. I seemed to be less out of breath. 16 minutes into my walk, walking at 2.8 mph, I began to yawn, to take deep breaths to grasp air. I didn't slow down, but pushed through it. I wonder what that means when I yawn. A commerial for the "Biggest Looser" came on at about 20 minutes into the walk. It honestly makes me sick to think people who deliberately destroy their bodies are getting attention on tv. In my opinion it is like telling people to damage their bodies so they can get attention.

I, unfortunately, have no control over the destruction Cystic Fibrosis. I can do my best to slow the distruction down, but ultimately my genetic make up prediposes my lungs to be sick all the time. I realize genetics plays a roll in many health situations, but smokers who deliberately take their lungs for granted irritates the heck out of me. Especially when they have no regard for others when  they  blow their smoke into the air and others are in close proximaty. I am so ready for the day smoking in public places is illegal. And by public places I mean any area for which the public may be present, parking lots, door entrances, parks, resteraunt patios.  I find it very interesting that legislator thinks just by being outside 2nd hand smoke has less of an effect on invading the personal space of people. Just the very fact I can smell the smoke makes me ill, because I know that 2000 harmful chemicals have now invaded my personal space, in been inhaled in my lungs. To me that is an action of assult. I waiting for the day when someone sues another person for assault because another person blow smoke in their personal space.

By the way Julian, why not help people who make look fanstastic on the outside, but are still physically out of shape. I''d love to do a documentory on Cystic Fibrosis and the importance of physical exercise. I wonder if you could help my lungs get back in shape, like to get bodies in shape. Call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment